Thursday, June 16, 2005

DMB concert + links

Current Music: "Halloween", Live at Luther College

I saw DMB on Sunday, June 12. It took forever to get to the venue in Noblesville, Indiana; I arrived at about 7:30. The traffic and crowd was crazy, plus there was a huge storm; lots of water everywhere, tornado watches and warnings, lightning, etc. etc. I had a lawn "seat" so I got to stand in the rain for about 90 minutes before the band started playing, but it was worth the wait. The light show made a big impression on me, especially in "Don't Drink the Water" (red lights, of course) and "Hunger for the Great Light" (bright white lights around the stage and pointed at the audience during the chorus.) They only played 3 of my top 10 songs, but I was glad to hear some of the Stand Up stuff live. The set list was:

Dream Girl
Don't Drink the Water
Rapunzel
Crash
Hello Again
Everyday
Intro ->>
Hunger For The Great Light
Loving Wings
Where Are You Going
Seek Up -->
Die Trying
What Would You Say
Louisiana Bayou
Steady As We Go
Stand Up
__________________

Stolen Away On 55th & 3rd
Tripping Billies


Unfortunately, I should have gone the next night: Monday was an incredible concert according to the newsgroups, with a much wilder show including crazy lightning during "Watchtower" and a better set list. Ah well, I'm downloading a bittorrent recording now. I didn't realize there was such a great online DMB community:

antsmarching.org
dreamingtree.org
nancies.org

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home